Weekly Club Night
Tuesday evening is our club night. We meet at Creation Climbing Wall, 582 Moseley Road Moseley, B12 9AA from 7.30pm onwards. SMC members receive discounted entry and a free drink. Prospective members are welcome to come along. We then go to Prince of Wales in Moseley for a well-earned drink from 10pm-11pm (let us know if you want to meet up a little earlier).
Monthly Committee Meeting
SMC hold their Committee Meetings at Old Edwardians Sports Club, Streetsbrook Road, Solihull B90 3PE. Our next meeting is on Thursday 9th May 2019 and starts at 8pm. Members and prospective members are welcome to come along to find out what is going on and to make their contribution.
Up and coming meets include:
Saturday 20th April to Saturday 27th April (7 nights)
Annual bolt clipping trip to Siurana in Northern Spain (now fully booked)
Friday 3rd to Monday 6th May (3 nights)
Camping at Dartmoor. Great climbing and walking.
Friday 24th to Monday 27th May (3 nights)
Our Scottish Mountaineering meet for the chance to bag some more Munros or multi-pitch climbing on the mountains. Staying at the Raeburn Hut at Laggan in the Western Cairngorms.
Friday 14th to Sunday 16th June (2 nights)
Our traditional fun weekend camping near Symonds Yat. Boating on the river Wye, BBQ and friendly climbing at Symonds Yat.
Forthcoming Social Events
- Thursday 9th May Montane BMC Alpine Lecture at University of Birmingham
- Sunday 19 May Beginners & Improvers Day
- Friday 14 – Sunday 16 June ‘Silly Buggers’ Weekend at Wye Valley
- Wednesday 26 June Midsummers Evening Walk
- Wednesday 24 July Crag BBQ
- Wednesday 17 August Rounders BBQ Ultimate Frisby BBQ
- September AGM
- October Meet the New Committee
- October Reel Rock Film Festival
- November Annual Dinner
- December Festive Curry at Shabar’s Balti Restaurant, Sheldon, B26 3LX
For more information about any of the above, please email email@example.com