Donna, Ash, Ross and Mike headed over to the SMC Hut for this weekend and got to work!
Progress was made:
- 2 full landrover loads taken up the back track
- 1 tonne of logs delivered at the top gate (£100 cash paid), carried and stacked in the hut and store.
- More chopping and stacking of other wood on site
- 10 new fence posts bashed in and fence repaired, rear gate put back up
- 1 large gas cylinder taken from site
- Good general clear-up outside and inside
- Put new guest book and instruction file in hut
- Ash has taken the fire extinguishers for an annual check (these will hopefully be ready to take back up for the next meet at the hut!)
As always, we completed the list of planned jobs only to find more tasks to do (Not that we mind!)
- The hall ceiling at the top of the stairs is about to fall down so that is an urgent next job.
- Sadly we were unable to take down the wind turbine as we needed a longer ladder!
- Need new smoke/CO alarm upstairs but will check with Ben on those.
- Lots of other things to sort.